Powering a thriving world
Our purpose is to power a world where people, businesses and nature thrive together. We are one of the cleanest energy producers in Europe and our actions are guided by our ambitious environmental targets. We generate and deliver clean energy reliably and help industries to decarbonize their processes and grow. Trans-forming our operations to carbon neutral is a long-standing priority for Fortum. To accelerate development, we have committed to ambitious climate and environmental targets.
Low carbon exposure
For decades, the focus on reducing CO2 emissions has been in Fortum’s DNA. As a result, our carbon exposure is already one of the lowest in the European power generation industry.
Our mission is to engage our customers and society to drive the change towards a cleaner world. Our role is to accelerate this change by reshaping the energy system, improving resource efficiency and providing smart solutions.
- Fortum a global player in energy with >62% Carbon free assets
- Operating experience of >27,000 MW energy plants
- Solar operating assets > 200MWp by FY 2017
- High emphasis on EHS and Global Code of Conduct
- Procures only Tier 1 equipment
- Engages only Tier 1 contractors
- Capable of providing scalable solar for multiple Solar sites
Fortum in numbers (2022)
Countries where we have core operations
Sales, EUR million